19 ways to recycle old content
The content is like good wine. We tell you tactics to dust off and recycle your oldest content: change its look and make it succeed. When you sit down to write a post, what life expectancy do you give it?
To take advantage of content we just need to have a simple concept and enough imagination to present it in several different ways. There are two possible ways :
- Move content back to where it is, without modification
- Modify content and/or format
Move content back to where it is, without modification
- Recycle posts from your social networks. Do not publish your content on social networks once. It is enough to vary the copy: the content is not made for a single-use, nor to be published only once on social networks. It is perfectly feasible to post it more times. We already tell you why to share your content more than once and writeessaytoday.
- Link old posts to your new posts. This seems obvious but it is not always done. And it is necessary. Of course, as long as they are aligned, expand and/or complete the content and add value, of course.
- Put old related posts at the end of the new post. It is a golden opportunity and it comes great. Are you going to waste it? If you really liked it or it was what you were looking for, you will read more.
- Put some of your older posts as highlights on your blog. Or somewhere in the home. Give them a villa again.
- Make posts like 'the posts you liked the most. That is, the most viewed, commented, shared ... the favorites of those who read you.
- Make weekly (or monthly, or annual) compilations relevant to your sector. Include powerful old posts among the linked posts.
- Make a post about the best posts on a specific topic and link to them. Mix old and newer posts, select well and you're done.
- Create a 'Start Here' section to guide new users. In this way, we indicate a correct way to start and incidentally, we take you to old content.
Modify content and/or format
- Change the post. Do a facelift, change the images, update it, make it look better, give it relevance and republish.
- Same post, different title. The problem with many posts is the title. Try a different one.
- Turn it into a newsletter. If you have subscribers and you are planning to do a newsletter every X time and send it to them, or if you already do, this option is very interesting, since the time to invest is considerably less and the value, however, is not. Just redo old content and adapt it content writing services.
- Turn it into a presentation (Slideshare). It is a different format that will undoubtedly enrich your blog and that of more people. With the possibility of inserting it easily in any post, on any blog.
- Extended version of a specific theme: There are several formulas to do this:
- Ebooks, whitepapers, manuals, guides, etc. . Longer posts from shorter content: linking posts. You can also do it and invite someone to comment on the topic in question, and make it collaborative.
For example, interviews are a format that easily converts to short ebooks, you only need to create some new parts and you can always complete that content with others (old or new).
- Guest post. Extensive post based on old posts for an interesting blog in your sector. It can also be a shorter post.
- Create a longer PDF document. It brings together several old posts on the same topic and you can also expand it from them. Adapt the document and allow it to be downloaded for free. Another option is payment by tweet, or follow-up on Twitter, among other formulas.
- The short version of a specific theme: Like the previous one, but conversely, everything is likely to be shorter: either you can break content into small capsules, or make it lighter by taking certain parts. Once we have the new content ready, we decide whether to change the format or not.
- Visual. Easier to consume.
- Make an infographic. Rescue that super dense post with data and millions of words and reduce it to a much easier format to consume and share: studies, reports, and any type of post with important data.
- Convert it to images. Dating posts, tips, tricks, etc. Many many types of posts adapt perfectly to this format, and both this point and the previous one are perfect for virtualizing on social networks. Pinterest will feed and other networks too :)
- Visual thinking. Drawings are perfect solutions to almost any question you want to address, here we talk about how to solve problems with them.
- Audiovisual. To reach new audiences.
- Videos. Anyone from a testimonial to an animation or a good, beautiful and cheap homemade is worth it. Youtube is key to this.
- Make it a webinar. Print an educational tone or emphasize if your posts already have it and turn that content into a webinar.
- Audio: Convert it to podcasts. For people with little time, this format comes out great, so other things can be done while listening.
- Online course. If you have a lot of content, and it comes to you with this material, it is enough to group it to set up an online course with very little effort.
- Tutorial. Play around with the content to create a tutorial with an extension (and detail) within your means. You can complete it with many examples and designs. And allow its download.
To conclude, your content like cats, have more lives than it seems a priori, if you are aware of it and you take the right advantage it will have a life not only long but full: that they succeed once does not mean that they stay on that and may not have it again in the future.