In addition to functional V-belts, such as oil resistance V-Belts and high-temperature V-belts, ordinary V-belts are an endless transmission belt with a trapezoid in cross section. It is suitable for power transmission with small center distances and large transmission ratios, and is widely used Textile machinery, machine tools and general power transmission.
The advantages of transmission are:
(1) The belt is an elastic body, which can alleviate the load impact, and run smoothly and without noise.
(2) Overload will cause the belt to slip on the pulley, which can protect the whole machine.
(3) The manufacturing and installation accuracy is not as strict as the meshing drive, and the maintenance is convenient without lubrication.
(4) The length of the belt can be increased to adapt to the working conditions with a large center distance.
The disadvantages of transmission are:
(1) The elastic sliding of the belt and the pulley makes the transmission ratio inaccurate, the efficiency is low, and the service life is short.
(2) When the same large circumferential force is transmitted, the outer profile size and the pressure on the shaft are larger than the meshing transmission.
(3) Not suitable for high temperature and flammable occasions.
If you want to know more about the high temperature resistance V-Belt and other multifunctional V-belts, please consult and contact us.